Spectrum people recruit for many roles within the financial services. One area in which we specialise is in Financial Planning. Financial planners, Para planners, and Financial Planning Assistants.
A typical example of a role we would recruit for is a Financial Planner. See below for an example of what this role might typically entail, though please note that this is a generic guideline and different organisations will have different requirements of this role.
Job title: Financial Planner
Purpose of the Financial Planner:
- Responsible for the provision of comprehensive financial planning services and advice
- Apply business knowledge and wealth creation strategies to meet client needs
Your expertise will encompass specific areas such as:
- Retirement Planning.
- Risk Management.
- Tax Planning.
- Estate Planning.
Key responsibilities: You will typically be expected to:
- Collect financial data such as the client’s income, cash flow, debt, loan repayment and living expenses
- Identify client goals
- Analyse client financial status
- Select financial products that will assist clients achieve their financial goals
- Develop financial strategies for clients
- Prepare written financial plans (statements of advice – SOA)
- Assist clients to implement financial plans
- Refer clients to obtain specialist services outlined in financial plan
- Review and revise financial plans based on charges in client needs and changes in investment markets and economy
Typical Experience/qualifications required:
Ideally, you'll have completed your Diploma of Financial Services (Financial planning) and commenced or completed your Advanced Diploma of Financial Services (Financial planning) or equivalent, and possess solid planning experience demonstrating a proven sales ability. Tertiary degrees in a business related field and/or Certified Financial Planning (CFP) status will also be highly regarded.
You will have extensive knowledge of the financial planning industry, with a strong focus on managed investments and insurance strategies. Personally, you display high-level influencing skills, strong business planning skills, exceptional communication, proven client management skills and come with a track record of performance.