Spectrum people recruit for many roles within the financial services. One area in which we specialise is the Insurance and Superannuation industries.
Spectrum People work with some of the leading Superannuation and Insurance providers in Australia, recruiting across a variety of roles including Investments, Retirement Income streams, Pensions, Insurance Administrators, Superannuation Fund Administrators (industry super, corporate super, retail, wrap platform, defined benefit funds), Death and Disability Claims Administrators and Assessors, Underwriters, Customer and Member Service, Quality Control, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Trainers, Compliance, Product Development, Client Relationship Managers, BDMs, Member Education, Team Leaders and Operations Managers.
A typical example of a role we would recruit for is a Funds Administrator. See below for an example of what this role might typically entail, though please note that this is a generic guideline and different organisations will have different requirements of this role.
Job title: Funds Administrator
Purpose of the Funds Administrator: To perform the administration of the provider’s range of products, by providing quality processing and service to financial advisers, fund members, and employer representatives.
- Switches and Alterations
- Payments, Rollovers & Withdrawals
- New Business
- Investment support
The Fund Administrator may be assigned to a specific team but is expected the incumbent may interchange between the teams or due a range or processes within the same team for a specific product or fund as business needs dictate as well as for their own career development.
Key responsibilities: You will typically be expected to:
- Process requests received in a timely manner and with a high level of quality
- Allocation of contributions
- Receipting of funds
- Unallocated money reconciliation
- New Business applications
- Follow up missing details with the client
- Client amendments
- Withdrawals, Benefit Payments and Rollovers
- Switches :
- Death/TPD claims
- Phone requests received from employers or advisers
- Investment of funds confirmation
- General administration
- Quality checking
- To attain a sufficient level of knowledge in products and processes in order to be competent in the completion of administration tasks.
- Identify and participate in process improvement exercises.
Typical Experience / Qualifications needed:
- Business or Commerce degree preferred
- Diploma of Financial Planning / RG146 desirable
- Strong customer focus - as each transaction relates to an individual member's needs
- High attention to detail
- Word processing skills
- Exposure to investments
- Superannuation or Pension administration
- Relevant Industry experience
- Aware of Risk Management principles
- Aware of the legislative requirements for managing people’s money