Spectrum people recruit for many roles within the financial services. One area in which we specialise is the Customer Service and Contact Centre or Call Centre functions for financial services institutions.
Customer Service roles within the financial services can provide a great start to a financial career, and Spectrum people work with some of the leading providers of superannuation, insurance, banking and financial planning for a range of Customer service and Team Leader roles.
A typical example of a role we would recruit for is a Customer Service Officer. See below for an example of what this role might typically entail, though please note that this is a generic guideline and different organisations will have different requirements of this role.
Job title: Customer Service Officer
Purpose of the Customer Service Officer: A Customer Service Officer within Superannuation is usually responsible for providing superior customer service to members and employers by attending to inbound calls, whilst meeting and exceeding their expectations with accurate and appropriate responses.
Key responsibilities: You will typically be expected to:
- Provide superior customer service to members and employers by attending to inbound calls, within client service standards and quality and compliance measures
- Update all appropriate systems with new or revised member or employer data at point of call
- Provide accurate information on all calls, meeting quality and compliance expectations
- Have a detailed knowledge of fund to provide effective solutions
- Provide solutions to customer enquiries
- Establish relationships with callers
- Ensure compliance with all legislative, regulatory, procedural and quality requirements
- Handle complaint management and escalate calls appropriately
Typical Experience / Qualifications needed:
- Previous call centre or contact centre experience
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Professional and articulate phone manner
- Active listening skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to have a career in financial services
- Experience in sales and outbound calling
- Relationship building and influencing
- Negotiation skills and ability to recommend alternative solutions
- Ideally superannuation or financial planning, compliance and legislative knowledge
- RG146 preferable