Spectrum people recruit for many roles within the financial services. One area in which we specialise is the Administration and Office Support functions for financial services institutions.
Administration roles within the financial services can provide a great start to a financial career, and Spectrum people work with some of the leading providers of superannuation, insurance, banking and financial planning for a range of administration roles.
A typical example of a role we would recruit for is a Superannuation Administration Consultant. See below for an example of what this role might typically entail, though please note that this is a generic guideline and different organisations will have different requirements of this role.
Job title: Superannuation Administration Consultant
Purpose of the Administration Consultant: A Superannuation Administration Consultant is usually responsible for servicing Financial Advisers on the platforms. You will typically administer client portfolios by processing Adviser requests (including IDT's, withdrawals, contributions and new business) accurately and quickly for products and services (Master Trust services, pensions, superannuation and personal investments).
Key responsibilities: You will typically be expected to:
- Administer client portfolios by processing adviser requests (including IDT's, withdrawals, contributions and new business) accurately and quickly for products and services (Master Trust services, pensions, superannuation and personal investments).
- Manage and resolve a diverse range of inbound and outbound phone calls with advisers in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of products & services and the legislative, technical, industry and organisational environment in which they operate.
- Analyse each enquiry or request (ask appropriate questions, interpret responses, use process of elimination) to understand what the adviser requires.
- Confidently navigate and source information from multiple internal systems and reference materials.
- Use problem solving skills to provide a solution that meets the customer's needs and fully resolves the enquiry first time or take appropriate action to follow up or escalate the issue.
- Communicate solutions to adviser queries in a manner that they can easily understand.
- Take ownership of complex issues from the initial query through to resolution whilst managing the customer's expectation of delivery timeframe.
- Confidently manage adviser expectations to minimise conflict.
- Write clear and concise emails and letters in response to adviser and customer queries or to request further information.
Typical Experience / Qualifications needed:
- Completed year 12 or equivalent
- RG146 certification or Diploma Financial Services (Financial Planning) highly regarded but not essential
- Previous experience in a customer facing role or administration role advantageous
- A good understanding of platform, superannuation, investments, pensions and tax will be highly regarded
- Intermediate computer skills (Word and Excel)